A diagnosis of prostate cancer and the treatment that follows can be difficult and scary. To help with this, IMPACT provides patients with a “care team” to help guide patients through their prostate cancer treatment.
A patient’s care team helps with many things during the treatment process. This includes:
- Providing patients with information about prostate cancer, treatment choices and preparing for treatment. This will help patients understand their prostate cancer treatment options and will help them work with their physician to choose the best treatment plan for them. (Click here for information on treatment options.)
- Coordinating a patient’s prostate cancer treatment with their doctors.
- Helping patients make appointments for their prostate cancer treatment.
- Helping patients solve problems that come up during their prostate cancer treatment.
- Providing patients with information about the many different types of services available from the IMPACT program.
- Coordinating and keeping patients informed about IMPACT services.
A patient’s care team works to help them deal with the issues and feelings that they experience before, during and after receiving treatment. A patient’s care team is there to listen and help patients receive the best care possible.